Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My great friends from 4B'08!

"i am glad, that fate brought us together, to be what we are today. all of us, each with a different story to tell, from entirely different classes, to me i think that's really quite a miracle and a feat that i'm starting to get impressed. i think i can go watch the class video now, although i would prefer not to for fear of creating a swimming pool here"

- Kenneth Yong

"...but i guess it was really the day-to-day activities in school which really showed how close we were. having recess and lunch together as a class was usually the best times i had in school and talking cock with ying xiang and suanning him everyday was fun haha. sigh. won't get to do that next year... so 4B just owns."

- Patrick, Dec 08

Yay. Another inspiration from Kenneth's long post which I shall talk about.

Shall start by talking about last year's graduation night. Grad night was an emotional experience for many people. I remember seeing Jun Sheng, Kenneth and many others cry. Everyone was hugging each other, giving each other well wishes for the coming year. To me, however, it wasn't exactly that emotional. I didn't cry. I did hug lots of people but perhaps not with as much emotions as others. I believed then that RJ would be even better. After all, my classes always seemed to get better, didn't they. 6H'04 was great with Dewei and Max. 2H'06 was great with Edward, Ying Jie, Rich and Kejing. 4B'08 was even better. I guess I took for granted that being in such a great class like 4B wasn't a given.

This year, joining 6R, I was forced by many to think of withdrawing from Math RA to get out of a scholar class. But I firmly believed that this was the right class for me to be in. Just like 3B'07. But somehow, the feeling is just different.

Every day after school in 6R, everyone leaves the class. Tuesday epitomised everything. Class was dismissed from GP. I went to toilet for 2 minutes. By the time I came out, everyone was gone and I had to chase after Edmund so that someone could walk with me to the MRT.

It's just a different feeling from 4B. in 4B, everyone couldn't bear to leave the class everyday. We would stay in the class for some while, talking to each other after school joking around before going to the canteen to have lunch together and walking out of school together.

Luckily for me, in 6R, there are still a few really good friends like Zhiyu and Edmund whom i am rather close to now. haha. (:

But nothing will ever beat 4B. I finally understand after so long why people were so emotional during grad night. It's the feeling of not being able to be with 4B anymore. It's the feeling of leaving such close friends whom you have been spending nearly everyday with for the past 2 years. I still think of the every day incidents between me and Ying Xiang, me and jun sheng and kenneth and jinghui when i sit at the back of the class for chem. I still think of the times after recess when Jerald, Eugene and I would be drumming on the tables while people like Lumpy curse and swear on our lousy music. haha. I can remember the times when the whole class became so enthu about class decor, staying back to hang up the fantastic spider web (:

And to think we are still so close now makes our friendship much deeper than those I had in P6 and probably sec 2. Those were my best friends but they didn't stand the test of time. I, however, firmly believe that this 4B friendship will last forever.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Yup. I guess that's why we are true friends. It's because there is always something to talk about amongst us even though we have been friends for so long. We enjoy each other's company and I love each and everyone of you.

I don't really want to go talking about why and how all these happened because there are so many reasons including RA and stuff. I just believe that everything has a purpose and this happened because it had a purpose too. So I just want to end off with one question.

What would I be now without 4B'08?

Patrick

2 comments:

Sam Cho Chung Man said...

hey bro thats life and in different stage you will get that kind of up and down in friendship... at least you are still in singapore... think of the truma me and your older brother gone through when we move to singapore from hong kong, i never see my friends again...

Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick

Reading ur blog makes me think a lot. Coz what you have written in this entry is so similar to what i have felt also.I have cried a lot since I came to 6R coz i have felt quite hurt sometimes and i just kept that in silence. And maybe not only you and me have this problem, maybe our classmates also, just that we never share to each other...

I was quite sad when reading to the part you saying you were forced by many other to withdraw RA because of the many scholars in our class...What's wrong with us, being the scholars? But im glad that you still chose to be in our class. And I want to say thank you, to be in this class, to make us laugh everyday

Remember once, when you have said that foreign friends bringing a new dimension of life. i felt so touched. Actually we are not different at all. But because sometimes, stereotyping that we are different from each other, we actually just feel more difficult to make friends with each other...

4B are your good friends and they will forever your friends, just keep in touch with them.

6R or new friends in RJC will be ur good friends also, if you know how to open your mind and you show ur cares towards them. Want to be close friends with someone, approach them and talk with them, show them how you care about them... then who will not want to be ur close friends?

I know although in front, you are always the one who talk crap and so funny in class, you actually have a thoughtful mind. So cheer up, can? We always there for you…

ps: ur outside and inside are quite different.... :P