Orientation '08. A great success. Everyone worked hard to make it such a great one. From Mrs. Maas, Mrs. Chua, Main Camp Comm, First Day Comm, Registration Comm, Finale Comm and of course class-based PSLs. It's not finished yet. There's still JRIC, PSGMs and these are all important. But for now, we have done a fantastic job. Especially for the camp! WE HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT! And I'm glad to say that I've done my best. All the preparation sessions, the staying back in school during holidays to oil out the details, it was all worth it.
REGISTRATION DAY:
Totally brilliant. Everyone was full of praise for us. There may have been a few hiccups here and there like the student who went home (shall not say why...), but that wasn't our fault so I guess it's a great job to REGISTRATION COMM! HOORAY for them! haha. My job was rather simple. Situated at the side gate together with Kenneth, we were supposed to be the first few to invite them to school. Small job, but I guess it was rather important because it was the first impression. So there we were, Kenneth and I, welcoming the parents and the students into the school. It reminded me of my P4 prefect job of "THIS WAY TO THE PARADE SQUARE" cuz this time I was saying "THIS WAY TO REGISTRATION". haha. Well, at least I wasn't doing it the whole year... But it was fun! haha. Especially with Kenneth to crap with. Most of the parents were very nice to us. We were also there to direct the cars into the carpark. So we made handsigns to direct them and many parents very nice to wave at us! (: YAY! haha. I guess the parents were quite happy! And then, it was time to go to the hall. I wasn't in the hall so I don't know what happened but I guess it must have been fine cuz there were no complains. Then Kenneth and I and Jie Liang directed the AEP, MEP parents to the D&T centre. haha. no problems there as well. The registration process was also very good cuz there were no long queues like the ones we had when we were sec 1s so that was a GREAT IMPROVEMENT! YAY! haha. the only point for improvement may have been the buying of uniforms because stocks ran out very fast but that was once again inavoidable and out of our control. So, once again GREAT JOB TO REGISTRATION!
ORIENTATION PACKAGE:
We stayed back on the 19th to get the folders for registration day done up and we were very efficient with everyone working hard together. Orientation package was a great job as well! We got a file, towel, shirt and stress ball for our sec 1 orientation package which was already rather good. But I thought that this year's was THE BEST! We got a bag, a pencil box and a shirt. It was totally brilliant cuz the bag was very nice and of very good quality. Of course, so was the pencil box and the shirt. Good job to Yiwei, Biquan and Yuda and all others involved in the designing process. (: YAY!
FIRST DAY:
First day was a good job too! It was very hard to plan for first day because it was very hard to imagine how the sec 1s would react to RI at first. But I thought we did a great job. We came to school early to welcome the sec 1s (i was late.. oops). haha. but anyway, after that, it was assembly followed by headmaster's assembly which was GREAT! I remember vividly in sec 1 how awed I was by headmaster's assembly when the teacher's marched in, the headmaster talked, the Unite Cheer and of course the institution anthem. We did a brilliant unite and spirit cheer and the sec 1s must have been very impressed. Then it was school rules before recess. There was form teacher interaction before class games like whacko, blanket game and flag making. Flag making was important because it was going to be the first thing that the class would be doing together. For 1Q, it was great because 1 guy volunteered to be a leader and the class came up with "Quest for Quality" which I thought was quite good. And so the class made their flag together. Though there were a few people who were left out, I thought it was still a rather good effort for a first attempt especially cuz lots of people were talking which was unusual for a group of new students who just came together as a class. Anyway, after that, it was time for a tour around the school. We brought our class around to the different places in the school and we played the jump frog game at the Raja Block foyer. 1Q didnt complete the activity although they were about to get the hang of it before we had to move on. Douglas did a great debrief for our class. Think he makes a great talker cuz he sounds great when he's serious or when he's joking. haha. all right. anyway, so after that, we set off for year head assembly which was quite slack cuz we got to stay at 2nd level and look down at the sec 1s. There was a debrief after that. Tried to cheer the sec 1s up cuz they sounded rather dead. Quite successful I guess. haha. I realise that that method of cheering a large group of people up is very powerful. So when I said "Do you think you guys can be the best for the camp", the whole class went "QUACK!" haha. so cute! but anyway, i guess that was all for first day. The class was still quiet and undisciplined but I knew that for a start, we were doing well...
haha shall end here. ORIENTATION CAMP '08 post shall be coming soon...
Patrick
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment